Dear Southern Arizona ACS Local Sections Members,
We received 74 entries for the 2017 National Chemistry Week Illustrated Poem Contest.
The winners are:
- Liam Brunell from Agua Caliente Elementary, 3-5th grade, teacher Kathryn Tompkins
- Juan Lopez from Gallego Intermediate Fine Arts Magnet, 6-8th grade, teacher Camille Clauson
- Aidan Roberts from Tanque Verde HS, 9-12 grade, teacher Erin Moore
All of these students received $25.00 gift card and a certificate from SAZACS. This work has been submitted to National ACS level contest - the national results will be announced after November 20th.
The following students received Honorable Mention award consisting of $10.00 gift card and certificate.
- Jake Perez from Innovation Academy (3-5), teacher Niki Tilicki
- Cayla Vimmerstedt from Agua Caliente Elementary (3-5), teacher Kathryn Tompkins
- Kimberly Cota from Gallego INtermediate (6-8) and
- Jhoanna Lopez Alonzo from Gallego Intermediate (6-8), teacher Camille Clauson
You can see the winning illustrated poems on the "Photo Gallery" page.